|Harris Publishing, Inc.|
|Home | Company Overview | Employment|
Harris Publishing is a full service magazine publishing company that fills many niches. We look for individuals that are interested in building a career not just a job. A prospective employee will be one who will build on the respected reputation of Harris Publishing.
Resumes should be directed to:
Harris Publishing, Inc
Attn: Janet Chase
360 B Street
Idaho Falls, ID 83402
Job Title Entry-level accountant for publishing company
Business Harris Publishing, Inc.
Employment Category Part-time, Hourly
Harris Publishing is an Entry-Level Accountant. This role will work directly with our Controller to accomplish monthly close procedures, handle accounts payable and receivable and to assist in other accounting procedures at the direction of the controller. Responsibilities/Skills/Experience Requirements
• Managing invoicing for several national magazines.
• Managing accounting related documentation, including purchase orders and invoice filing.
• Implement basic accounting procedures and principles ranging from accounts payable and receivable systems to financial statement.
• Assists in month-end close processing, including journal entries, accruals, deferrals, allocations, analytics, etc.
• Provides administrative support to payroll and benefits.
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
• Knowledge of computer systems and Quickbooks.
• Experience in Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Must be detail-oriented.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities.
• Ability to work effectively with different personality types.
• Ability to understand requirements of other stakeholders in the organization and provide information or assistance requested.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to remain even-tempered and team-spirited; a good sense of humor is a must.
To apply please send your resume to Clayton Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org or
by mail to:
360 B. Street
Idaho Falls, ID 83402
Harris Publishing, Inc. offers internships to students who are looking to gain experience in their field and to gain valuable work experience. We look for people that are self motivated and hardworking.
Internships are available in editorial, web development, graphic design, sales and marketing.
If you are interested, fax your information to Internships/Janet Chase to 208.522.5241.